Monday, November 3, 2008

Composed thoughts...NOT

This was my Halloween costume.
Poor Finn had to be neutered on Halloween.
I dressed up to be his twin, but he didn't feel like pics post surgery.

On Blogging...
I often find myself thinking, "ooo, this would be a good thing to blog about", but then the moment passes and I forget about it, or I convince myself that I have to be able to write a perfectly composed and eloquent blog. So, the blogging doesn't happen. But then I read other people's blogs ("the world according to Jos" and "kaleidoscope" being among my favorites) and my friends have the greatest stories and thoughts, sometimes deep, sometimes just about what's happening in their lives. I LOVE reading them. It makes me feel somehow connected and sometimes even less isolated (if they just happen to write about something that I'm going through too). So, I've decided to try to blog a little more often, just about what's going on in my life.

The Choir...
Yesterday was a really amazing day. The choir I'm in sang for both church services (at the beginning and the end of each service) and then we sang again at a special "Night of Hymns" last night. It was a looooong day, and I wasn't even sure I was going to make it through the entire day. In fact, I had emailed our choir director asking her which part she preferred I participate in since I wasn't sure I could physically handle the whole day. (That's a lot of standing, especially when you add in the rehearsals before each service....not to mention the call time for the early service is at 7:20 a.m.!) But, I asked my facebook friends to pray for me, and I prayed throughout the day for God to bring energy to my back, legs and feet. And guess what? He did. Amazing I know, that God would actually meet my needs. Pfft. Why am I STILL so amazed when He takes such good care of me? Haha. I had energy to spare by the end of the evening last night! Sure, I'm sore today, but what an incredible rush to be able to offer a sacrifice of praise like that to the God of all Creation! And Jill, our choir Director, said something that really hit me last night. She said, "I don't really get it, but the God of the Universe desires our praise." Who are WE that God should care so much about us? Whew. It's too much to really comprehend.

God Stories...
I really love God. Do you? I think about Him so much. I'm so glad that He knows me so well and knows my heart. I love being connected to Him. I love watching Him work in my life and the lives of the people around me. He is soooo personable and meets each of us exactly where we're at...that amazes me too. One of the gals in choir said to me last night, "God writes the best stories, doesn't He?" She was talking about the stories of our lives. I know my story's a pretty good one...not because of me, but because of what's HE's done in me. What's your story? I'm not asking a rhetorical question here...I really want to know your story.

Waiting, Following, and Other Stuff I Want to Do...
God has been convicting me about waiting on Him. I even wrote a blog about it a few weeks ago. I have yet to spend time just sitting and waiting for Him to speak to me. I never realized how difficult it is for me to just sit still and quiet my mind. What a hard time I have being one-minded and focused. I can't even sit and watch TV without being on the computer or my pager at the same time.

Then there's the message that Sheila Walsh delivered at WOF a few weeks ago. I can't get it out of my mind. She said that she prays every morning, "God, I don't know where You are going today, but I'm going with You." I want to do that. I want to put my Jesus shoes on every morning.

I also want to be in Scripture more. I was getting in the habit of spending time in the Word daily and then I got sick and missed a few days and now I'm back at hitting and missing my quiet times.

And lastly, I want to get organized with my journals. I have so many...one for journaling about life, one that's supposed to be for praying, one that is a devotional, another one for quiet time/Scripture reading, one for recapping my WOF experience (it has my WOF story from 2005 too), and one for lists of things to do and information/phone numbers I don't want to lose. That's 6 journals! My backpack is heavy. I envision myself sitting down with each of those journals (all but the list one) and writing in each of them. Guess how much I've written in them in the last 3 weeks? If you said, not at all, you're right. So, I need to get organized about journaling. Maybe I should try using just one a day? Any suggestions?

Thanks...
Thanks for reading my blog. I'd love to hear from you! Until my next rambling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that whenever someone beings to blog, they're always worried, "does anyone really care about what I write"??

The answer (speaking for myself at least) is YES! I LOVE reading about how someone's day went... what nutty thing may have happened, what their mood is... When you aren't able to stay in touch with people in person, it's a great way for people to learn about you and your life. At least that's what I think.

Another great thing about blogging, for me at least, is that when something happens that would normally frustrate or upset me - it now makes me laugh because I know it will be great "blog-fodder".

You're doing great - keep "keepin it real"!