Sunday, November 16, 2008

Old Lady Alert


So, I'm doing a Bible study with my friend Jan. We met for the first time on Friday night. I'd worked really hard to prepare for it. I'd read the book, the Scriptures associated, answered my questions and was all ready for our discussion.

I was particularly ready to discuss one of the verses I'd read that I really couldn't wrap my brain around. I'd even highlighted it in my workbook with "let's discuss Proverbs 14:10" written in all caps so I'd remember to talk about it with her.

When it came to that point in the study I anxiously said, I want to discuss this verse with you because I don't really get it. So I opened my Bible and read Proverbs 14:10 aloud, "Each heart knows its own business, and no one else can share its joy." Then I asked, "what does it mean each heart knows its own business?" to which Jan replied, "it says, bitterness, not business." Hmm, that made a little more sense. But it was then that I had to finally admit to myself that I can't see the words in my Bible, even with my glasses on.

Jan went and got her "readers" and I was so excited about the fact that I could see! I could actually read my Bible, my pager, the book, even my own handwriting! Voila! So, on Saturday morning when I was at Walmart, I promptly went to the pharmacy area and picked out my own pair of "readers". Who cares that the strength of the readers I had to get is "usually" for 48-50 year olds! I can read again! So, I've ushered in my old lady-dom with my first pair of readers and I donned them proudly in church this morning. Next, gotta get my bahoody into the eye doctor!

What do you think of my readers? Are they hot or not?

1 comment:

Tami said...

they are SO HOT!!!