Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Amy Grant


Girls night out...

She's so awesome...

Such an amazing voice...


So personable...

And best of all, she loves God!


So, when I get out of church on Sunday, I see that I have a voice mail from my friend, Marti. We've been friends for 25+ years. We've been through thick and thin together (and I'm not just referring to the shape of our bodies...). She's always been one of those spontaneous people who just decides to do things at the last minute. She's the one who taught me how much fun that can be. Back to the voicemail..."I got tickets for all of us to go to Amy Grant tomorrow...wanna go?" Are you kidding me?!


Then she told me to call our friend Jeni (who hasn't missed an Amy Grant concert in Portland since she was 9 years old...) and ask her if she CAN go (I knew the "wanting" part wasn't going to be an issue). So I called Jeni and in a very serious tone I said, "Hi Jen, it's April. I need to ask a really huge favor. Is there any way at all that you might be able to go to the Amy Grant concert with me tomorrow?" She started crying! She said, "Are you kidding? Don't joke about this!" She had been praying (and had several other people praying) that God would provide a way for her to go.

I enjoyed this concert more than any I've ever attended (not just Amy Grant's, but ANY). The talent on that stage was incredible. The band she's assembled had lots of familiar faces, which was great fun. They performed only songs that were recorded BEFORE 1988, which made for a great trip down memory lane. At the end of the concert she did 3 new and unrecorded songs (they're going into the studio in January to record a new album I think). They were awesome and I can't wait for them to be released.

So, there were 8 of us. All but two I have known for 15+ years, and we all love Amy. We went to Rose's before the concert and had dinner and dessert (of course we had dessert...it's what you DO when you go to Rose's). Then off to the concert. We danced, sang, laughed and bought T-shirts. It was an awesome night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, the Amy concert is the talk of the blogs today! So glad you were able to go!