Monday, October 13, 2008

Follow up to my last entry


Time to get real...I've been very convicted about my last blog ("One of the Cool People..."). I thought about just deleting it, but if nothing else, it was honest about where I was at emotionally. However, I began to realize that I felt a little bit of a cringe every time I opened my blog. Cringing is not a good thing when my ultimate goal is to glorify God with my writing...

So, while I think that the points I made about keeping myself in check are valid, I really want to retract the judgments I placed on the poor folks I was referring to in my post. They are ordinary people with ordinary lives and are not purposefully or otherwise hurting anyone...including me. It was my own selfishness that was doing the damage.

And on another note, I went to Women of Faith this past weekend. It was amazing as always (well this is only my second time, but I've always heard positive things about it...), but I am still digesting the whopping portion of teaching I received. I plan to blog about it soon, I'm still just sorting it all out. I hope that once I get around to it, that you will be as blessed by what I heard (as I regurgitate it to you) as I was.

2 comments:

Janet Fraser said...

actually i've thought alot about your first post...

this is an area of relational dynamics which i am clueless to and it was good to read your thoughts. For me personally, i'm wired to be pretty immuned to this phenomenon. In some ways I'm grateful because i know it has spared me pain as I've maneuvered growing up but in other ways I know it can also make me insensitive to others. It also got me to thinking about who I think is cool... and that helped me to see that God is at work and I'm growing because the things I value have changed as I'm getting older...
anyway, nothing brilliant to add, just wanted to encourage you that i think this is some of what blogging is about... putting it out there.
J

April said...

Thanks Janet. I've often been told that I wear my heart on my sleeve, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it serves to make me aware of how others feel. However, there has to be balance. A friend of mine once told me that I think too much, feel too deeply and suffer for it on a regular basis. I believe that God created me to be an emotional being for a reason, but when it causes me pain, I have to remember to lean into Him so that He can give me the direction I need. After all, He has a plan for me...not to harm me to prosper me (Jeremiah 29:11).

As for what I think is cool...well it's actually quite different than what I was referring to in my blog. What I REALLY find cool is someone who has a relationship with Christ and desires to serve them with their entire being...I think you're pretty cool. :o)