Monday, January 26, 2009

Spin the Other Way!


After my last post I twittered "uh-oh I feel the downward spiral beginning..." to which, a good friend of mine twittered back and said, "Spin the other way friend...i love you." Little did she know what an effect that would have on me. First, it made me laugh, and we all know that laughter through tears is the best. But then God began to speak to my heart with that simple phrase...spin the other way.

I truly was spiraling downward. It started last week and was getting worse by the minute. If I could paint a picture of what was happening, it would be something similar to a corkscrew twisting down into the cork...only I was on the end of the corkscrew being pushed further and further down into the dark. This morning wasn't much better as I struggled with car trouble, which snowballs into financial issues, blah, blah, blah...and soon I was right back to the point of spiraling further downward. Then God echoed, "Spin the other way sweetie" ('cuz that's what God calls me), and I made the decision NOT to go back to the hole I'd been in for the last several days (which in this case is literally in my bed with my covers over my head). I called my friend Jan and asked if I could come over for lunch (she just happened to have today off). That simple act helped me to spin the other way and begin to twist my way out of the cold dark cork.

I don't know if any of this makes sense to anyone else, but really the point I wanted to get to was that after telling me to "spin the other way", my friend thought maybe it wasn't the "right" thing to say. In fact, I think she even said it was a stupid thing to say. Hah! Little did she know that it would be the ONE thing that has started to pull me back into the Light. So, when someone you know is hurting, and you don't know what to say to them, just tell them what comes to mind. God will always use what you have to give to bless the ones you to whom you are giving. "Spin the Other Way" is now a permanent part of my healing vocabulary.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can just picture you standing in your house spinning around and around....counter clockwise.... being lifted up. Lifted to the light. Keep spinning.