Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I got to spend time with friends and family for NYE and New Year's Day. I loved every second of it. I love laughing and building memories. It made me start thinking about what my new year may look like.

Of course this is the time of year when everyone seems to look at the things in their lives they may want to take a crack at changing in the coming year. They call them New Year's Resolutions.

Did you know there are several definitions of the word resolution? I know, most people mean this definition: the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.

But I think I'm going to base my New Year's Resolutions on this definition: reduction to a simpler form; conversion. I want to get back to some basics, make some conversions....

1. I want to spend more time on spiritual matters...contemplating messages from church, digging deeper in my Bible studies, and talking with people about what God is doing in our lives.

2. I want to spend more time actually talking to and spending TIME with people face to face instead of just interacting via facebook, emailing or texting. Here are some pictures of me doing just that on the first day of the year...These are two of my older sisters, Cathy and Charlene.



I know there are lots of other things that I need to work on in my life, but really aren't those two things what life really boils down to? Those are the things that count for eternity. So I'm boiling my resolutions down to a simpler form.

What are you thinking about in your life as the new year begins? This is not a rhetorical question...I really want to know!

No comments: