Monday, December 1, 2008

I Should Not Brag and I Should Not Tease

Ever notice how when you brag about something or tease someone about something, it always comes back to bite you? Here are just a few of the things that have happened to me recently:

I used to always tease my mother about not being able to "hold it" and doing her "ballet walk" through the store because she had to go so bad. Guess who just did the whole ballet walk through Fred Meyer today and barely made it to the restroom?

I teased my friend Jill about being short on Tuesday night. Saturday afternoon I had to take my new pants to a tailor to be hemmed because they were too long.

On Saturday I teased my friend Theresa about one little drip of syrup falling from her fork. My entire next bite totally jumped off my fork and landed on my stomach.

I bragged to my sister that my dog "never gets poop stuck on his butt" (hers do all the time), and I teased Jocelyn Miller about putting her hand in dog poop on the garbage can last week. Then the other night after crawling into bed, Finn jumped up and I thought, "what's that smell?" Sure enough, Finn not only had poop stuck on his butt, but it was now all over the bed and my leg. Way worse than the garbage can handle...

All of that to say, be very careful about what you tease or brag about...it may just come back to bite you in the bahoody...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I needed to laugh. BTW, the proper term for the hanging poop is "dingleberry".

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY true! A couple of years ago I hassled my sister big-time for being late to meet me (like, 40 minutes late). I was LIVID. The next morning, which just happened to be a Sunday that RESCUE was singing at church, guess who was totally late getting there with the specifically requested room-temperature bottled water? That would be me. And I'm NEVER late. It really does come back and bite you... and sorry about the dog poop. That's not fun.