Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ho Ho Ho! Snow, snow snow. No No No!






Day #9 of being snowed in; I'm getting the heck outta here! They are predicting another 1-6" of snow tomorrow and I seriously can't take another 3 days of being alone in my little apartment.

The last 9 days have been a mixture of things for me. I was excited when it started snowing. Then I was disappointed that our choir concert was cancelled. Then I accepted that and just sat back to enjoy the beauty. As time wore on and the snow continued, I was amazed and in awe of it. Each day I tried to get out a little. I've never spent so much time in a grocery store...just walking around trying to soak in the essence of being around PEOPLE. I did venture over to friends or family's houses a couple of days. But then the BIG storm hit and being stuck and alone started to wear on me.

I love the snow, don't get me wrong. I think it's beautiful. I love the silence that it brings. But being alone for 9 days isn't good for me. I was doing pretty well dealing with it, until I heard on the news last night that they are calling for more snow tomorrow (on Christmas Eve). I don't think I've ever cried over a weather forecast, but that's exactly what I did. My friend Jan, took pity on me and said if I can safely get to her house today, I can come be snowed in there for a couple of days. So I'm going to try. I think a white Christmas will be wonderful...as long as I'm looking at it through the window WITH someone.

I do want to say though that I am thankful for many things during this "Arctic Blast"...I'm thankful that I have not lost power. I'm thankful for facebook as it has kept me at least virtually connected to other people. I'm thankful for Jan and Theresa who've put up with me calling them several times a day just to hear someone else's voice and keep me sane. I'm thankful that I live just around the corner from a video store and across the street from Safeway. I'm so thankful for Finn, my constant companion and snuggle bug...and a great source of entertainment at times. I'm thankful for the beauty.

I'll post a follow up later today to update everyone on where I land...at home, at Jan's, or stuck on the road somewhere. Yes, I'm taking food, blankets and Finn.

No comments: