Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Knight in Shining Subaru



My wonderful friend, Charlie, came to rescue me from being stuck at home. The roads are really bad, but they were no match for Charlie and his Subaru. When Jeni volunteered him to come get me, I told her no. I didn't think it was worth the stress I was sure he would feel driving me from Tigard to Clackamas. She said, "Are you kidding me? He's been dreaming of a snow storm like this since he was an 8 year kid living in Southern California! He's loving this!"

Sure enough, he was like a kid in a candy store when he arrived at 6:15 this morning. He's been working a ton of hours because he's one of the only ones that can get to work. In spite of that, he showed up smiling and giddy about being able to rescue me from solitary confinement. But that's just who he is...he LOVES to help people. That, combined with the thrill of using the Subaru to cut through the mess that is called I-5 and I-205, and he was really chipper, even at 6:00 in the morning after working a 15 hour shift. The roads were awful and I was really glad I hadn't gotten any further than I did yesterday when I attempted my escape. I wouldn't have made it in my car without chains.

So, my eternal gratitude goes out to Charlie Lewis for so much, but especially today for bringing me to my sister's place so that I don't have to spend Christmas alone. It was one of the very best gifts I have ever received!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: